As we all know there is much uncertainty with just how Covid-19 will disrupt our lives here in Canada and around the world. Information is changing almost hourly. We at RRR want to keep you informed and updated as to how we are handling this situation in the coming months.
First, please know that we are keeping a close eye on current information and recommendations from a variety of sources (see some links below) including our local Public Health Department. We are following their guidance but have also established/increased some of our own protocols.
Rocky Ridge Ranch has always been careful and committed to keep the Ranch clean and safe for our guests. We already include consistent handwashing, the use of hand sanitizer, cleaning and sanitizing surfaces especially in the Dining Hall/Kitchen and Washhouse and this will be augmented to include door handles and high traffic areas throughout camp and anything else required by our Halton Health Department.
Covid-19 symptoms are mild fever, dry cough, fatigue and difficulty in breathing. We ask that any campers, guests or staff with these symptoms (or who have travelled outside the country especially where there is a high incidence of Covid-19 within the prior 14 days of coming to camp) stay home. All guests and staff are:
- Encouraged to wash their hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds (sing Happy Birthday or say the Lord’s Prayer twice!).
- To sneeze or cough into your sleeve at the elbow.
- To avoid touching your face.
- To use hand sanitizer which will be available in many places around camp (not instead of washing hands!!).
- To advise staff if at any time during your stay at RRR you begin to feel any of the above symptoms.
A reminder – our cancellation policies for all RRR bookings and “stays” remain the same at this time.
We are checking the following links as we stay abreast of current information
- Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) –
- Center for Disease Control (CDC) – www.cdc.gov
- Canadian Ministry of Health –
- Find your local health department – http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/common/system/services/phu/locations.aspx
We commit to making available regular updates about our plans, policies and new protective and reactive procedures as they become available.
We are really looking forward to welcoming your child(ren) to camp this summer or you as a weekend retreat or other event guest. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or would like more information about RRR. Praying for health and safety as we travel this road together.