The Ranch provides a unique camp experience. The option of multi-age weeks provides shared opportunities together for family members of different ages.
Our counsellors are highly motivated, child/youth oriented, creative and enthusiastic.
Activities during the day include:
- horseback riding (with opportunities to acquire certification)
- swimming in our salt-water pool (with opportunities to acquire certification)
- cooperative games
- mini-putt golf
- and a variety of sports.
Evenings include camp-wide activities and chapel or campfires.
Ample time is given to meals served “Family Style”.
Favourite menus include turkey dinner, outdoor BBQs and breakfast in the park.
Our kitchen staff demonstrate their culinary skills and provide warm service with a smile.
Good food, fun and fellowship are echoed in the laughter and enjoyment of meal times throughout the dining hall.
Our instructors provide a program that meets the children at their levels of achievement and takes them onto higher levels of excellence.
Each week culminates with a family day, including a rodeo, which gives the campers the opportunity to celebrate and share their achievements.
Activity Fee for Clinics
Each week campers are offered the opportunity to earn accreditation in Horsemanship and Swimming. If your camper wishes to take part in a clinic there will be an additional non-refundable fee. The one hour Clinics take place daily (Monday through Friday) and campers are provided an opportunity to work towards a level of certification.
Through CHA (Certified Horsemanship Association) in the western style of riding
- participlate in classes which include discussion, demonstration, and games based on the material for the level at which the camper is working
- are provided with an information manual for their use during the week
- riding and horse-handling skills are evaluated daily during the grooming/saddling and riding sessions
- take a written test during the last class of the week
Through the Red Cross Society’s “Swim Kids Program”
- work progressively on being water smart, strokes and skills, etc. while having fun in our salt-water pool
- are evaluated throughout the week
- receive certification based on what they have accomplished by the end of the week